Group Size2-4 guests
Beginner-friendly course featuring varied sceneries of nature, culture, and local life.
Just a 20 minute shinkansen ride from Kyoto to our starting point, we offer an easy way to explore small town rural life in Japan on this leisurely beginner-friendly ride, with a local resident guide, fluent in English, to help you enjoy our area’s unique geographical and historical points of interest.
This 13km course features a broad range of sights such as rice and agriculture fields, historic trade routes, local villages combining old and new ways of life, a temple and shrine, a brief hike, and the shores of Lake Biwa, all in about 3 hours.
In our tours, we hope to both share and preserve our local culture and traditions. Toward this goal, we also work closely with municipalities and residents to ensure that we always respect the wishes and needs of the local communities that we visit.
Our convenient location and short tour time make it easy to explore more before or after your tour too, such as visiting Hikone Castle, or Lake Biwa!
Private group tour which provides a peaceful ride exploring the diversity of local agriculture, nature, history, and culture.
Course covers a broad range of local scenery for a true sense of rural Japanese life in Shiga. Get an up close look at local agriculture, Lake Biwa, and some of the charming smaller villages of Maibara.
This leisurely beginner-friendly route explores small-town rural life in Japan while highlighting some of our area’s unique geographical and historical points of interest.
Enjoy a refreshing ride including rice and agriculture fields, the shores of Lake Biwa, historic trade routes, and more for a fun, memorable experience.
- You are also welcome to bring your own bike (but tour cost will not change)
- We can also arrange for electric bicycle at additional fee of ¥1000.
- This half-day course operates in the morning or afternoon. Mornings begin at 9:00, ending in time for lunch (which is not included as part of the tour, but we can offer local recommendations!), or in the afternoon beginning at 1:00pm.
- Tour will be canceled in case of rain but you can choose to replace with our other walking tours without any extra charge.
- Please wear appropriate clothes and shoes. There will also be a short hike.
- Professional guide
- Bike and helmet rental
- Light refreshment
- All train fares
- Souvenirs, snacks, etc.
Pricing for this private tour is determined by the size of your group, and any optional activities. Basic pricing is as follows:
Standard Private Courseincl. bike and helmet rental
|Attendees||Price per Person||2 people||¥9,000 per person|
|3 – 4 people||¥7,500 per person|
Options & Additions
Additional fees apply, but vary by time & group size (final cost will be confirmed before finalizing reservation). Please mention in comment field of reservation form to add options, or feel free to ask us for more details about any of them!
- Zen Temple Visit (+1-2 hours) Near our meet-up point is a great little Zen temple with an amazing garden, newly added cafe, and even zen meditation sessions. Closed Tuesdays.
- Hikone Castle Visit (+3 hours) While many explore this local treasure without a guide, we’re also happy to accompany, guide, and also take you to the adjacent gardens, and moat boat ride.